Saturday, May 26, 2012

It Takes a Village to Kick Cancer's Ass

Since I first started blogging about my Lady Business I've been absolutely floored at the outpouring of love and affection I've received. It's been a veritable avalanche of emails, fountain of Facebook posts, cascade of cards.

 

I hear from family and friends that they are thinking of me, sending me healing energy, holding me in the light and praying for me, all of which are a beautiful blessing and a powerful gift. I also hear that their friends and family are doing the same. My mom got word that a whole order of Catholic nuns she works with are praying for me, by name and very intentionally. Never before in my life have I felt so nurtured and cradled by a community.

My community is my source of strength and wisdom and the main reason I can see the funny side of a crappy period in my life. I depend on my community to help me reconnect to my strong self when it gets too hard to do on my own. Recently a friend called from Vermont to ask how I was doing and see if there was anything he could do to help, and all I could say was, "Darlin', you just did it!. You thought of me, connected with me and sent me energy with a phone call. Honest to God, it's the best help ever."

Having said that, I've gotten some really wonderful gifts from my "village" and I'm thoroughly enjoying all of them.

There have been bunches of gorgeous flowers...



Chocolate! (and if you think we have gotten too much, you can think again!)



Books and a relaxation CD



Thoughtful, useful things like chapstick, handmade blank notecards, pens and soup



Jewelry and an inspired gift of a Make Your Own Mosaic Kit



page 1  next

No comments: