Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Part 5: It's All Fun and Games until Somebody Loses a Uterus (page 2)

The "jello" was suspect, but it turned out to be vegan, all natural and pretty tasty.

Nom?

My Mom and Best Boyfriend Ever stayed with me the whole day. Mom kept busy with her iPad and a phone alternating between keeping up with work and updating the family on my progress.  She was terrific with asking the nurses when I needed help.

Mom not knitting


BillQ played sudoku and ran errands and did all the heavy lifting. He got an extra Best Boyfriend Ever Merit Badge when he emptied my pee bag at 2:30 in the morning. Now that is love...

BQ - BBE


Friends and family have been sending messages, flowers, soup and loads of love. I can't tell you how touching it is to be cared for like this. With all the positive energy and prayers being sent my way, I should be on my feet in no time!


1 2


2 comments:

Scott said...

Congratulations, Sarah -- and great thanks to all those caring for you. It's wonderfully reassuring to see photos and to "hear" your voice as you describe this latest episode. I hope your healing and recovery proceed smoothly and swiftly.

BDA said...

Congratulations on getting through the surgery with such flying colors! Just think of all the cool arts and crafts that you will be able to do with the leftover catheters and bags (the unused ones, of course). Perhaps some Christmas decorations? Portable aquariums? Who knows.