Saturday, March 21, 2020

My Dearest Sister - March 21, 2020

My Dearest Sister,

I hope this correspondence is well met and that you and yours are in good spirits.


Your sister-in-law and I are as stalwart and steadfast as one would expect in these difficult times.


I made correspondence with some of our cousins in the most northern of the Carolinas today. They are doing well and assured me they are taking care and being cautious. It would appear that things have progressed slower there. Of that, we can all be thankful.


I saw a French Bulldog today! Nothing more need be said about that, as obviously my day was made. After that, everything else, as they say, was gravy.


I spent today scanning through photo albums and reminiscing. There are some clothing choices from our youth that must be questioned! When I look upon some of our childhood pictures, it is a wonder why no one called protective services on the grounds of fashion alone! I have inclosed a photograph so that you may understand my outrage!, I am writing this from the floor as I roll, as if on fire, from laughter, so that you may know that I am making light at our own expense.


Your Sister-in-law was, once more, busy with her editing and creativity. I am excited to send you what she has toiled at these many days. I believe you will find it pleasing.


I am now nine days into my self-imposed exile from others. Julie, her eighth. The chickens will not be counted until they are fully hatched, as we are still in the time at which symptoms can appear, but with each day further from the crowds of my normal occupations I gain confidence. The pessimist inside of me will not allow any revelry. But each day without is a good sign, none the less.


Much love to you and your strapping husband. Please give our fondest affection to the boys and their loved ones.


With good thoughts and warm regards,
Your Brother and Sister-in-Law.






____________________________________________
Lon Gowan is an actor/stuntman/writer and the most excellent brother a sister could ever want. His "My Dearest Sister" letters may be the best thing to happen to me during the COVID-19 Quarantines.

Julie Dolan is an actress, musician and favorite Irish wife/Las Vegas Showgirl. We were thrilled the day she married my brother.

#COVID19  #LonGowan  #MyDearestSister #Julie Dolan #Coronacation

No comments: