Tuesday, March 31, 2020

My Dearest Sister - March 31, 2020

My Dearest Sister,
The evening grows late. Your Sister-in-Law and I stayed beyond our normal retirement hour to watch a space wars movie on the flickerbox. She is quite entertained by them. I will say there were things I enjoyed about this show and many things I did not. I shall not dwell on an overview of the picture show, but to say, I may not need to see it again… ever.
The beans that I planted have sprouted. So, along with the wild beans that are growing from last year’s planting, I’m sure to have some harvest.
Today I was confined to my home, not venturing out. It was not until late that I realized that I had not even donned socks today. Julie said of me that I was being of a “free spirit” and that it is a good thing we reside in California were that kind of thing is less frowned upon.
I did spend much of the day working. Paperwork and bills. I also managed to help a few friends wade through some of the paperwork required for assistance from the Government. I find being of assistance gives the day more meaning. Perhaps it is the “free Spirit” in me. I write to I tell you that I am smiling and chuckle alone in my room as I return to the earlier phrase that was used to describe me. It delights me enough to leave a face drawing of how I look if you could see me. ðŸ˜Š
Your Sister-in-Law and I spent time in the yard with our yoga. It really is very relaxing. I do hope that it catches on.
Our very best regards to you, your BBH, your kind boys and their loving families.
Yours,
Your Brother and Sister-in-Law

_____________________________________
Lon Gowan is an actor/stuntman/writer and the most excellent brother a sister could ever want. His "My Dearest Sister" letters may be the best thing to happen to me during the COVID-19 Quarantines. 
Julie Dolan is an actress, musician and favorite Irish wife/Las Vegas Showgirl. We were thrilled the day she married my brother.
Bill Quern is my Beloved Husband and we're known collectively as Box and String.
#COVID19  #LonGowan  #MyDearestSister #Julie Dolan #Coronacation 

No comments: