Friday, March 27, 2020

My Dearest Sister - March 26, 2020

My Dearest Sister,
We received your correspondence and were most delighted to hear you are in good spirits and doing your part to pitch into the effort.
I am most curious about the offer that Mr. Singer has proposed for his machine. I believe it to be an exceptional offer, one I may not be able to refuse myself, despite the glaring fact that I do not nor would not ever use a machine for sewing. But the offer is so enticing that I pray I would be a fool to pass it up!
Today I made an attempt to care for the Camellias in our back acreage. I say “I made an attempt” as it was interrupted by the discovery of a hummingbird nesting on a branch. My hope is that I did not disturb it so much as to cause it harm or disrupt the nesting.
It seemed at that point that the only logical course of action was to stow away the tools, pour a glass of the fine Mr. Jameson’s medicinal, order hummingbird feeders and nectar from the mercantile, and then settle into an afternoon nap on the chaise lounge. I say it was the "logical course of action" but let it be known, in truth, that Mr. Jameson may have had more input into the decision than I care to admit. I draw a picture of a somewhat tipsy scoundrel so that you may think I’m joking and not that I’m admitting that my life has become day-drinking and garden shears. ðŸ¥´
It now has the appearance of recently acquired.
Julie insisted I tell you that Squirt has managed to stake claim to ALL the bird feeders in the yard and that, unbeknownst to him, “there will be discussions about the virtues of sharing or there shall be no more nuts!”. She further insists I let you know that she laughs at the thought of having an argument with a squirrel and makes sure I persuade you that she not be mad or stir crazy… but also, that if she did argue with a squirrel, by God, she would win. Here Julie draws a winking face on my letter to include you in her frivolity. ðŸ˜‰

I was able to procure a delivery of supplies to come to the house tomorrow. Fresh vegetables and coffee shall arrive at our doorstep at a prescribed time. What a joy it is to live in this modern era.
Today, I received an order from the Sears and Roebuck’s. It was a box of replacement parts for our appliances. I spent the late afternoon, after a hardy nap, rejuvenating the radiation oven.
Once again, I made time to engage with others by wire and correspondence. Julie and I conferenced with her family as we did with our family a few days past. It was nice to be together, if only virtually.
We will hold you, your most beloved husband, your fine boys and their cherished loved ones in our hearts and prayers.
Yours,
Your Brother and Sister-in-law
_____________________________________
Lon Gowan is an actor/stuntman/writer and the most excellent brother a sister could ever want. His "My Dearest Sister" letters may be the best thing to happen to me during the COVID-19 Quarantines. 
Julie Dolan is an actress, musician and favorite Irish wife/Las Vegas Showgirl. We were thrilled the day she married my brother.
Bill Quern is my Beloved Husband and we're known collectively as Box and String.
#COVID19  #LonGowan  #MyDearestSister #Julie Dolan #Coronacation 

No comments: