Sunday, March 22, 2020

My Dearest Sister - March 22, 2020

My Dearest Sister,
What a pleasure it was to speak with you and the family on Mr. Bell’s wire. it was delightful to hear your voice and the voices of our families.
Perhaps it is the isolation but I suddenly find myself comforted by the sound of multiple conversations at once. Perhaps it is a feeling of normalcy I long for?

Speaking of normalcy, or better yet, it’s contrary, I fear your sister-in-law has gone mad. Perhaps the solitude is taking its toll. She has resorted to playing Christmas Carols from the player! She dances about, gayly singing along. Julie says it brings her joy in this troubled time. But I confide in you that I became oh so worried when I found her in the parlor wrapping presents. This nonsense cannot continue and after I return tomorrow with a fresh evergreen, suitable to decorate, there shall be stern words spoken. You may bet your eggnog on it! Strean words indeed!
Here I draw a man winking so that you may know that your leg is pulled in jest.😉


After we spoke I made a quick trip to the supply and feed and was able to procure letti (lettues, lettuce, Lettucess). I will have a day of planting ahead of me when I wake in the morning.
Off to bed for an early start.
I pray you and your divine husband are finding joy in these troubled times. My love to the boys and their dear families.
Yours always,
Your Brother and Sister-in-law

____________________________________________
Lon Gowan is an actor/stuntman/writer and the most excellent brother a sister could ever want. His "My Dearest Sister" letters may be the best thing to happen to me during the COVID-19 Quarantines.

Julie Dolan is an actress, musician and favorite Irish wife/Las Vegas Showgirl. We were thrilled the day she married my brother.

#COVID19  #LonGowan  #MyDearestSister #Julie Dolan #Coronacation

No comments: