Monday, March 23, 2020

My Dearest Brother - March 23, 2020

My Dearest Brother-
I hope this finds you and your Irish wife still in good health and thriving in the western wilderness. Here in the East the weather remains unpredictable and as finicky as an old house cat. One day summer-warm and promising better times, the next sleety cold - an unfaithful lover with a heart of stone. It is no wonder we are moggleswamped and besieged by the morbs.

However, your missives do so much to raise our spirits and bring cheer to these dark times. I have taken to sharing them with my friends, acquaintances, business associates, and strangers (from a seemly distance, of course.) All are delighted by your "My Dearest Sister" letters from The North Holly Wood and I am preserving them in an archive for future generations. Oh how we will laugh when these hard times have passed us by, but we must always remember the camaraderie and love that bolstered our resolve and gave us strength to smile when it seemed all the joy in the world had been leeched from our bosom. Here I draw a series of tiny yellow hearts to represent friendship and familial love.
💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛
My Best Beloved Husband has made himself quite useful during our confinement, taking up tasks we have long put off around the property and making sure I go out for my daily perambulation. We amuse ourselves with games and puzzles and stories on the flickerbox. He will play that Devil's Bedpan, though, and I find I must retire from his presence after a candle mark or so, if I am to hear myself think. Still, it makes him happy and how can I deny him such a small comfort? I must admit that a couple of his tunes are quite infectious and I find myself humming along like a merry little songbird.
The enclosed likeness is, unfortunately, not a tintype of our resident felines. An itinerant portraitist happened by just as we stepped out in our Sunday best to enjoy a bit of sunshine. Still feeling blue, we couldn't quite summon our gigglemugs for the lens, but I still think we make a handsome pair, don't you? Alas, the furry Rascals ran off at the sight of a stranger and would not come out for treat or treasure. Here I make clever use of punctuation symbols to show their retreating backsides.
(
)
()*()
|| ||
"" ""


(
)
()*()
|| ||
"" ""


Bill and the boys send their love to you and Julie and eagerly look forward to your next letters.
Your sister,
Sarah


_________________________
Lon Gowan is an actor/stuntman/writer and the most excellent brother a sister could ever want. His "My Dearest Sister" letters may be the best thing to happen to me during the COVID-19 Quarantines. 

Julie Dolan is an actress, musician and favorite Irish wife/Las Vegas Showgirl. We were thrilled the day she married my brother.
Bill Quern is my Beloved Husband and we're known collectively as Box and String.

#COVID19  #LonGowan  #MyDearestSister #Julie Dolan #Coronacation 

No comments: