Thursday, March 26, 2020

My Dearest Brother - March 26, 2020

My Dearest Brother-
Today I received a commission for 20 of the hand-fashioned cloth masks like the one I made for my Best Beloved Husband to wear whilst pursuing his daily chores at his employment. I cannot vouch for the efficacy of the face-garments, but they seem to bring comfort and some small protection from the fever-plague raging through our fair city. As you can see from the enclosed portraits, his is made from fabric depicting musical notation while my own is not an exact replication of my feline companions, but charming never-the-less. Tomorrow my BBH will deliver the bounty of safety masks to a local food distribution company for the use of their poor employees who must continue to deliver nourishments and comestibles to the shut-ins and afflicted.
However, thanks to Mr. Singer's marvelous invention, what would have been weeks of hand-labor I have tidily finished in less than two days! We were able to purchase this wonderful machine on an "Installment Plan" - another innovation from Mr Singer that allows a family to start using their new sewing machine (for a small additional fee) even before they own it outright. I dare say, what possible mishap could befall such a system as that? Thank goodness there is no such payment plan available for the acquisition of musical instruments or we should be neck deep in hurdily-gurdilies and squawk-boxes! Here I sketch a comical face of alarm so that you know I am only half in jest. 😳
All our love to you and your darling wife,
Sarah, Bill and the Lads

_____________________________________
Lon Gowan is an actor/stuntman/writer and the most excellent brother a sister could ever want. His "My Dearest Sister" letters may be the best thing to happen to me during the COVID-19 Quarantines. 
Julie Dolan is an actress, musician and favorite Irish wife/Las Vegas Showgirl. We were thrilled the day she married my brother.
Bill Quern is my Beloved Husband and we're known collectively as Box and String.
#COVID19  #LonGowan  #MyDearestSister #Julie Dolan #Coronacation 

No comments: