Monday, March 16, 2020

My Dearest Sister - March 16, 2020

My dearest Sister,

I hope your spirits remain high and that you find the current isolation agreeable. I know it must be trying, but, as always, you will make the best of it.

Since my last correspondence things have been humorously topsy-turvy. Why, just last night, in a fit of whimsy, your sister-in-law pronounced it “Taco Tuesday!”… On The Good Lord’s Day, non the less! I do not know what has gotten into that women. It is only day 3 of Coronacation and I pray she has not already succumbed to “cabin fever”. I tell you; I openly laugh aloud as I write that so that you may know it to be a joke.

What is not a joke is this gloomy weather. The rains have spent the long part of the day over the southern half of the Golden State. It is much perplexing. Though it is good for the garden, it does little to brighten my mood. Why does one come here, if not for the weather?

I found myself by the fire this morning, thinking of our dearest departed Bosco. It brought a melancholy over me. I do miss him so, even after O these many months. I’m not sure if I can bring myself to bring another into the house. He was a scoundrel, for sure, but of the finest degree.

I found time to harvest citrus this morn and have enclosed a photograph. You can’t tell from the image, but they are the brightest orange. I wrote to a friend that “scurvy shall have no place in this abode!”. Again, I tell you; I openly laugh aloud as I write that so that you may know it to be a joke.

We are being told that pubs and Inns shall be shuttered soon. I find this whole business a bit like picking one’s own poison, don’t you? One is a slow dreary lonely potion served in one’s own bed, the other, has French Fries and a charming barmaid.

I did find an application for Julie that allows her to simulate a synthesizer. It is very amusing, although, I must confess, I find the noise most grating and enjoyable, at the same time. Much like a penny whistle in that regard, I suppose.

As always, please give our best to your beloved husband and your magnificent boys.

Much Love and warmest regards,

Your Brother and your Sister-in-Law.




___________________________________________________

Lon Gowan is an actor/stuntman/writer and the most excellent brother a sister could ever want. His "My Dearest Sister" letters may be the best thing to happen to me during the COVID-19 Quarantines.

#COVID19  #LonGowan  #MyDearestSister

No comments: