Saturday, March 28, 2020

My Dearest Brother - March 28, 2020

My Dearest Brother,
I declare a woman does not truly know her man until she's witnessed his temperance (or lack there-of) when confronted by a recalcitrant modern sewing machine. Oh my stars and garters, my ears are still burning some hours later from the, shall we say, COLORFUL language accompanying my Beloved Husband's valiant efforts to repair the detestable thing. His fulmination echoed my own frustration, though I of course would never resort to such strong language. Here I insert a Winky Face to show that you and I know I am secretly fond of the swears that are not considered appropriate for a woman of my standing. ðŸ˜‰
So Mr. Singer shall be receiving another order for a new machine even before the small bits of plastic and screws of the recent disaster are swept from the dining table. The online mercantile assures me a replacement will be arriving by Wednesday April 1. I do hope this does not turn out to be an April Fool's Day prank.
Here is a depiction of myself making the desperately needed masks. I am grateful my sewing skills are up to the task, for their construction is far more satisfying to me than rolling bandages or knitting sweaters.
I hope you and your lovely Irish wife are enjoying a restful Saturday. I long for your growing season, but celebrate the appearance of the tiny green leaves of kale, arugula, and of course lettuces, in my modest urban farm.
Love to you and yours,
Your sister Sarah


_____________________________________
Lon Gowan is an actor/stuntman/writer and the most excellent brother a sister could ever want. His "My Dearest Sister" letters may be the best thing to happen to me during the COVID-19 Quarantines. 
Julie Dolan is an actress, musician and favorite Irish wife/Las Vegas Showgirl. We were thrilled the day she married my brother.
Bill Quern is my Beloved Husband and we're known collectively as Box and String.
#COVID19  #LonGowan  #MyDearestSister #Julie Dolan #Coronacation 

No comments: