Saturday, March 28, 2020

My Dearest Sister - March 28, 2020

My Dearest Sister,

I am sorry to hear of your disappointment with your Singer machine and the consternation that it brought your Best Beloved Husband. I truly believe that if he was not able to fix it, then reparable it was not. I had heard that the Singer brand was of the utmost reliability but now, with your experience, that must be put into question. Perhaps it is just an abnormality in an otherwise sterling reputation.

I look forward to hearing the resolve to this saga. One might say that I am on pins and needles… Here I share a surprised face in case you did not recognize this turn of phrase as intentional punnery.😯
I ventured out today to the Apothecary and picked up various sundries for your Sister-in Law and I. I found people to be quite pleasant but still aloof. I would say hello from my prescribed distance, and I would get a nod or embarrassed smile in return. Everywhere eyes darted down, and bodies scurried to find an empty aisle to stand in until traffic cleared making it safe once more to find comfort food or organic soap.
I also managed to procure two hummingbird feeders for our nesting foundlings from the feed and grain. I have placed one in the front of the house and one in the back. As long as Squirt the squirrel stays clear of it, we should be fine. Julie will have some of your BBH’s choice words with that rodent if he chooses to ignore her edict.
I began the Government’s paperwork to secure some relief that this pox has placed on our business. It does not seem too difficult to get through. We shall see if our small company is eligible.
Tomorrow we have a “Confinement Cocktail Party” on Julie’s screen. I am not sure of the attire, but I am sure that Julie will require that I wear pants, which has not been the case as of late. I write here that an actual small chuckle emanated from me as I wondered what you might think my pantless day must be like.
It is late and I must retire.
The very best to you, your BBH, those ever so wonderful boys of yours and, of course, their adoring families.

With great fondness,
Your Brother and Sister-in-Law.

_____________________________________
Lon Gowan is an actor/stuntman/writer and the most excellent brother a sister could ever want. His "My Dearest Sister" letters may be the best thing to happen to me during the COVID-19 Quarantines. 
Julie Dolan is an actress, musician and favorite Irish wife/Las Vegas Showgirl. We were thrilled the day she married my brother.
Bill Quern is my Beloved Husband and we're known collectively as Box and String.
#COVID19  #LonGowan  #MyDearestSister #Julie Dolan #Coronacation 

No comments: