Tuesday, March 24, 2020

My Dearest Sister - March 24, 2020

My Dearest Sister,

Where does the day go? Your Sister-In-Law and I never seem to have enough time in the day. I dare say, after this most grueling endeavor, I believe I will be in need of a vacation. If not for the tsunami warnings I would book passage to the Islands of Hawaii right now.

Your Sister-in-law started the day by giving the house a top to bottom.She had let the servants go on Sunday to be with their families without the consideration that cleaning day was Tuesday. It was in my thoughts to lend a hand to her but then thought it better to just pretend as if I did not notice as she toiled about. I thought it best not to insult her by the insinuation that she may not be able to complete this task alone. I will put a # symbol and a slogan so that you know I am support of a cause I know little about #supportstrongwomen

I took the truck out today. What a joyous feeling to drive such a beautiful machine.

More chores about the house. Julie loves her twinkle lights in the yard. So, I set about repairing and placing them. It is very nice at night to take a walk amongst the stars.

A squirrel yelled at me today. He was incensed that I had no nuts for him. As I was about to shoo him off, Julie came to his defense and informed me his name was “Squirt”. I must tell you that I was right put off that this scoundrel was on a first name basis with my wife and I had not yet even made his acquaintance. It makes me question “Squirt's” intention or, at the very least, his pedigree…
I assure you that if my buttocks could detach, it would do so from laughter, as I am once again unable to rise from the floor.

I do so hope that your kind husband is well and that the boys and their loves are held is good spirits, and that you are able to provide a good house for them all, without them belittling you with their assistance. #supportstrongwomen

As always, yours,

Your brother and Sister-in-Law
____________________________________________

Lon Gowan is an actor/stuntman/writer and the most excellent brother a sister could ever want. His "My Dearest Sister" letters may be the best thing to happen to me during the COVID-19 Quarantines.

Julie Dolan is an actress, musician and favorite Irish wife/Las Vegas Showgirl. We were thrilled the day she married my brother.

#COVID19  #LonGowan  #MyDearestSister #Julie Dolan #Coronacation

No comments: