Wednesday, April 1, 2020

My Dearest Sister - April 1, 2020

My Dearest Sister,

I’m sorry to hear of your recent sorrows. I hope this letter will serve as some small comfort.

I was happy that Mr. Singer has fulfill his obligation of replacing you machine. I was also delighted that your feline companion is becoming more accustom to his humiliation collar. Either he is more comfortable or just disdainful of other’s opinions. My experience with cats tells me that it would be difficult to tell either way.


We ventured out today as your Sister-in-Law had a new device arrive at the technicians and it was imperative that we retrieve it. Julie is setting up a new studio so that she might record her voice for advertisements, cartoon picture shows, and games of some variety, all that require her skillful renditions of the written word. There will be wires to run, which will require climbing into the crawlspace of the attic. I do hope she is not claustrophobic! I place the Onomatopoeia of “Ha-ha” so you know that I am telling a joke and not really sending my darling wife into the attic to run wires, even though, if need be, she is perfectly capable of doing so herself. I now place a “#” sign followed by words run together so that you may know I support a cause that, in actuality, I know very little, if anything about: #supportstrongwomen.

More time today spent learning about the Government programs and helping others file claims. I am glad your Governor is able to help your citizens and, more to the point, you and your family.

We would very much like masks from you. There is no need to waste good cloth on us, a simple patchwork of whatever is most convenient. The formal season is behind us here and judging by the attire in the neighborhood as people pass on their daily walks, we are but a week away from everyone just staying in their bed clothes all-day anyway. The only one that seems concerned about appearances at all is that nosey neighbor Mrs. Karen Mycroft and it is not her appearance she is worried about. Well, it is best she sweeps her own porch before she brings her nasty old corn broom over to my house to sweep mine!

I was informed that I am on the Netflicker Box starting today. I am on the fifth episode of a serial “Little Fires Everywhere”. It has that lovely woman, Ms. Witherspoon, who played Ms. June Carter Cash in “Ring of Fire”. I will tell you; she is just as lovely in person as you would imagine.

Again, we are very sorry for your grief and hold you and your dear friend Maria and her family in our hearts and prayers.

Our love to BBH, the boys, and their caring family,

Yours,

Your Brother and Sister-in-Law.

_____________________________________
Lon Gowan is an actor/stuntman/writer and the most excellent brother a sister could ever want. His "My Dearest Sister" letters may be the best thing to happen to me during the COVID-19 Quarantines. 

Julie Dolan is an actress, musician and favorite Irish wife/Las Vegas Showgirl. We were thrilled the day she married my brother.

Bill Quern is my Beloved Husband and we're known collectively as Box and String.

#COVID19  #LonGowan  #MyDearestSister #Julie Dolan #Coronacation 

No comments: