Friday, April 10, 2020

My Dearest Sister - April 10, 2020

My Dearest Sister,
I awoke from my sleep this night and was unable to return. I found my mind wandering full of thoughts that served no earthly purpose at this hour of day. I thought best to give into them and just rise, leaving your Sister-in-Law to her slumbers.
Perhaps it is the news that I shall not be returning to my place of employ until after the month of May, I do miss my compatriots so. Perhaps it was the news that my financial institution will be accepting applications for the grants and loans from the Government and that news was received at an hour at which I can not obtain the documents needed to apply. Or perhaps, it was homemade tacos. I suspect it was a veritable combo-platter of worries and rich salty foods. Así es la vida…
We did manage to visit with Julie’s sister over the flickerbox. We cooked together. It was quite fun. You and I should try, although the time difference would have one of us eating at an odd hour. Perhaps Brunch?
I also spent some time on the flicker box with my friend Tristan. He is a guest at work who visits us after performances on occasion with his Mother. He is a treat. He likes to give hugs and is incredibly strong. His Mother often tells him to be careful with me. I tell her to “mind your own business, Lady, this hug is between him and me”. Tristan is a fan of the Musical theater, as well as our show and often has a review of a recent performance. His favorite to date is “The Greatest Showman”. It was nice to visit with him, again.
It has been raining for three days. It is difficult to complain when I know the family farm has received snow, yet again.... in April. But still, it will be nice to see how the rain has helped the garden.
The days have been pleasant. Your Sister-in-Law and I enjoy each other’s company and find ways to assistance one another, even when assistance isn’t required. It feels nice to be of service. I believe it is important to tell you that it is my wife that allows me the privilege of being of “aid” to her. I know she is more than capable of completing any task and, more often than not, would prefer that I don’t “help”, but she understands the need of my ego. Here I insert a symbol with words smashed together that I know nothing about and I believe am applying incorrectly as it may not be germane to the topic at hand (Así es la vida) #supportstrongwomen
Julie and I took blood tests. I wasn’t sure what mine was, so I order tests from the mercantile and they arrived in the mornings mail. I am O+ and Julie is A+. I read that in Japanese cultural that is considered to be the best pairing. I’m not sure if there is science to that, but anecdotally, in our house, it works out that way.
I believe my mind has settled now and I will return to the comfort of my bed in hopes of gaining some sleep before I spend a day completing Government forms.
Our very best to you, Your Best Beloved Husband, your Handsome Boys and their Beautiful & Handsome families.
Yours,
Your Brother and Sister-in-Law
_____________________________________
Lon Gowan is an actor/stuntman/writer and the most excellent brother a sister could ever want. His "My Dearest Sister" letters may be the best thing to happen to me during the COVID-19 Quarantines. 

Julie Dolan is an actress, musician and favorite Irish wife/Las Vegas Showgirl. We were thrilled the day she married my brother.

Susan Terry is a mediator, consultant, musician, and storyteller as well being our Esteemed Mother. She and her Yankee Husband and Gentleman Farmer, Stephen Parker live in the Northeast Kingdom of Vermont at High Reach Farm

Bill Quern is my Beloved Husband and we're known collectively as Box and String.

#COVID19  #LonGowan  #MyDearestSister #Julie Dolan #Coronacation 

No comments: