Tuesday, April 7, 2020

My Dearest Sister - April 7, 2020

My Dearest Sister,
To be able to converse with you this day on Mr. Bell’s magnificent wire was just one of the highlights of many that made my birthday so special. Your Sister-in-Law went to great pains to make today replete with festivities and surprises. We even had a rousing game of “hot – cold” which culminated when I was greeted by a wrapped present of new cooking pans!... and you know how much I enjoy the culinary arts!
We shouted across our humble road as our friendly neighbors greeted and toasted my birthday from a far. I’m sure that ever-vigilant Mrs. Karen Mycroft from next door was peering pursed lipped through her curtains in displeasure at our raucous revelry. Mrs. Mycroft would soon find her backside toasted by the boot of my Irish wife if she dared to come out to spoil the festivities that had been so cunningly and carefully planned and executed.
Most of my day was filled with greetings of well-wishing delivered to our otherwise solitude from all types of communications. I would have not been surprised in the least if there had been smoke signals on our horizon. I insert a drawing of a face in a smiling expression to represent humor is intended so that you may know this is a joke lest we start a conversation that begins “when did you learn to read smoke signals?”😃
Julie’s in-home recording studio is coming along nicely. It will not be long before she is able to broadcast her voice clearly over great distance. This should bring great comfort to her. Her efforts will be well rewarded, of that I am sure.
I was also gifted some luxurious bedding from my wife and a gift card from the amazon marketplace from my Sister-in-Law. Surprises were a plenty on this day.
Of surprises, I awoke to rain this morning. As the day cleared the clouds, I inspected the garden and, low and behold, the squash seeds have broken through the soil and are on their way. It will not be long before we start to see flowers.
I believe tomorrow will be a day of thank you’s and gratitudes for all the birthday wishes and salutations.
We count you, BBH, your boys and their loving families as some of our many blessings.
Yours,
Your Brother and Sister-in-Law
_____________________________________
Lon Gowan is an actor/stuntman/writer and the most excellent brother a sister could ever want. His "My Dearest Sister" letters may be the best thing to happen to me during the COVID-19 Quarantines. 

Julie Dolan is an actress, musician and favorite Irish wife/Las Vegas Showgirl. We were thrilled the day she married my brother.

Susan Terry is a mediator, consultant, musician, and storyteller as well being our Esteemed Mother. She and her Yankee Husband and Gentleman Farmer, Stephen Parker live in the Northeast Kingdom of Vermont at High Reach Farm

Bill Quern is my Beloved Husband and we're known collectively as Box and String.

#COVID19  #LonGowan  #MyDearestSister #Julie Dolan #Coronacation 

No comments: